Age of Learning, Inc., is looking for an outstanding Researcher to lead projects evaluating the efficacy of our digital educational programs to inform curriculum and product design. This position will be a key part of the Efficacy Research & Evaluation team, which designs, implements, and analyzes research studies that assess the effectiveness of ABCmouse and other Age of Learning products in improving children’s learning outcomes.
As a Researcher, you will collaborate with our internal teams as well as external stakeholders. This includes working with the other Efficacy Research & Evaluation team members to set the research agenda and establish research studies processes. Additionally, you will partner with our internal product, curriculum, design research, and learning analytics teams to design features in learning programs that will ensure the collection of robust evidence of learning. And last but not least, you will also be responsible for engaging with our external partners in designing and planing our efficacy studies while also analyzing the quantitative and qualitative data collected. These various levels of partnership will require you to review and select instruments, participate in planning meetings, create protocols, conduct data coding, and maintain the integrity of all data collected. Furthermore, in this role, you will be responsible for conducting meaningful analyses of data using appropriate statistical/qualitative methods in order to draw insights for product evaluation and curriculum refinement.
This is a highly synergetic and impactful position that will be closely aligned with all sectors of our organization. We are looking to hire a Researcher who is enthusiastic about designing meaningful efficacy studies to support ongoing product and curriculum development, various proposals, marketing and communication efforts, and research dissemination work. If you are looking to find a role where you will make hands-on contributions to improving educational outcomes for millions of children across the world, while further establishing Age of Learning as a thought leader in the fields of education technology and early childhood education, then we strongly encourage you to apply for this Researcher opportunity!
- Research & Collaboration
- Support the efficacy team in setting its research agenda, strategy, and processes
- Participate in designing research/evaluation studies
- Support curriculum and product teams in the process of defining specific learning goals and identifying measurement options for learning outcomes
- Support product design and building process by providing input on features to ensure that they will enable us to collect robust evidence of learning
- Collaborate with teams of specialists in related areas (e.g., data scientists, data engineers, cognitive scientists, learning analytics researchers, curriculum specialists, game designers) to produce insights and actionable results for designers and developers
- Data Analyses & Communication
- Conduct analyses to generate insights to answer various research questions, identify patterns in the data, and test hypotheses/theories
- Work with curriculum experts, designers, and product developers to conduct the appropriate analyses designed to demonstrate the effectiveness of specific aspects of products and produce insights for product improvement
- Use visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, R) to clearly communicate relevant analysis results to both internal and external stakeholders
- Produce data reports, highlights on specific findings, summaries of formative and summative data collection efforts, presentations, and publications
- Ph.D. in education, psychology, statistics, or a related field from a top-tier research institution or equivalent combination of education and research experience
- Expertise and background in research design, evaluation research, quantitative and qualitative research methods, and various analytic approaches
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use various software to analyze and code quantitative and qualitative data (e.g., SPSS, Stata, R, Dedoose)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Snowflake, and other software to clean and extract data (SQL), analyze data, create dashboards, and other associated tasks
- Experience preparing reports / peer-reviewed publications and delivering presentations for internal and external audiences
- Capacity to collaborate effectively with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience designing and conducting research on education technology products with children, at schools or in homes
- Experience working in an education technology company